No matter what industry you are in, there’s always more work than time to do it … am I right?
So, what is an overworked entrepreneur to do?
There are a bunch of answers – but more and more business owners are turning to a simple one … outsourcing! You should outsource because you can make more money by outsourcing than by not outsourcing. Use it as a ‘tool’ to drive sales and revenue!
How do you work out what to outsource?
- Take a long hard look at how you are currently spending your time … what tasks are bogging you down from doing what you are good at and creates a revenue stream?
- What tasks are you not very good at? To outsource these is more cost-efficient than hiring employees, and leaves you time to work on what is most important. Focusing on the core competencies of your business and delegating the rest is really what makes for a successful company.
- Have a budget in mind. Understand that while outsourcing is cheaper than employing, you shouldn’t be looking for the cheapest option.
- Explain your project/task fully. Explain the precise deliverables, what type of project is it (a one-off, or ongoing etc).
- Research the freelancers who respond to your ad or request. Once you have found your perfect freelancer, especially if they are working remotely (ie not physically in your office) – COMMUNICATE … COMMUNICATE … COMMUNICATE! Regular communication is VITAL to keeping your freelancer aligned with the goals of your project.
If you are an entrepreneur looking to get more done in less time, outsourcing is a solution you should definitely consider.
(source – Neil Patel)